Blind spots tend to be much larger on these vehicles and include not only the rear and nearside but also the front, especially with elevated driver positions.
Why Backsense® Rader
Backsense® heavy-duty radar sensor systems are designed to detect people and objects in blind spots, significantly reducing accidents. They detect stationary and moving objects, providing the driver with in-cab visual and audible warnings – alerting the operator whose attention cannot be focused on all danger areas. Backsense® obstacle detection sensors work effectively in harsh environments and in poor visibility including darkness, smoke and fog.
Features & Benefits
- Frequency modulated continuous wave radar technology
- Controlled beam pattern to minimise false warnings
- Excellent close-in detection
- 5 stage audible and easy-to-read visual display
- Suitable for both on- and off-road applications
- Heavy duty – Designed for severe weather conditions and all terrains
- Meets Health and Safety requirements
- Unaffected by moisture, dust, vibration, heat, cold, UV, snow, ice, high wind, water and mud
Backsense® radar uses Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave (FMCW) technology, transmitting a continuously varying radar frequency signal with unique time stamps to each instance of the wave. The time of the returning wave is referenced to the stamp without the radar needing to pause transmitting. This gives more accurate detection than alternative radar products using Pulsed Radar technology that transmit a burst of radar and then listen for the returning wave.
Backsense® is a fully programmable radar, allowing complete control of the radar beam pattern and detection area. The spread and length of the beam can be set to the width of your vehicle or beyond (from 1m to 10m (3ft -33ft) width and 1m to 30m (3ft-98ft) length) and bespoke detection areas can be set to calibrate-out fixed objects or bodywork.